TOHATSU 7 YEAR WARRANTY
From 1st April 2017 all Tohatsu manufactured outboards sold for pleasure use have a 7 year warranty. Outboards sold for pleasure use prior to 1/4/17 had a 5 year warranty. For warranty details on outboards for commercial use please contact your local dealer.
OWNER REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION
On the sale of any Tohatsu outboard motor the "Tohatsu Authorised Dealer" must fill out the Online Pre-Delivery Inspection and Warranty Registration correctly. The registration identifies the legal owner of the product and serves as your/our warranty registration. If this procedure is not followed, the outboard motor will be void of warranty cover.
All engines must be run and checked by the dealer before delivery (as per the Online P.D.I registration).
An Authorised TOHATSU dealer must install all engines above 30hp to the boat/vessel before the PDI can be carried out correctly.
LIMITED WARRANTY COVER : Pleasure Use Only
7 Year Warranty Cover Includes (Pleasure Use Only):
1st / 2nd / 3rd Year = Parts and Labour
4th to 7th Year = Parts Only
Conditions for Warranty
- • The Pre-delivery inspection of the outboard must be completed on-line by a Tohatsu authorised dealer and logged on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
- • An authorised Tohatsu Service Centre must perform the recommended routine servicing/maintenance and repairs and record these on-line on the Tohatsu Marine Website.
- • The recommended service intervals must be strictly adhered to:-
3mth, 12mth, 2yr, then annually or 20hrs (10hrs for Two Stroke or TLDI Models), 100hrs, 200hrs, 500hrs etc whichever comes sooner.
- • Off-season and pre-season checks and maintenance must be carried out.
- • Only Tohatsu genuine parts and recommended oil and lubes may be used for service and repairs.
- • The warranty will replace as required, any part that is proved defective in material or workmanship during the warranty period.
- • All parts replaced under warranty will be considered as part of the original product and any warranties expire coincidentally with the original product warranty.
- • The warranty will terminate upon failure to meet any of the warranty conditions.
The limited warranty will not apply to the normal wear and tear of parts, adjustments, tune-ups or to any damage caused by, but not limited to: -
- 1. Use or operation NOT conforming to the instructions described in the owner's manual.
- 2. Participation in or preparation for racing or other competitive activities.
- 3. Water entering the engine.
- 4. Damage from accidents, collisions, contact with foreign materials, or submersion.
- 5. Growth of marine organisms on motor surfaces.
- 6. Any other careless use or operation.
- 7. Normal deterioration.
The limited warranty does not cover maintenance items. The following items are a few examples not covered by the limited warranty: -
Spark plugs, anodes, trim-tabs, propellers, fuel filters, carbon brushes, starter ropes, shear pins, bolts, nuts, washers, wire cables and rubber goods e.g. water pump impellers, oil seals, "O" rings, fuel hoses, primer bulbs and vinyl tube etc.
The limited warranty will become void if the product has been altered, modified or repaired by anyone other than a company or service firm authorised by TOHATSU MARINE LTD.
The limited warranty will only cover the TOHATSU product and will not cover the boat, the product it is mounted on, the trailer, equipment or accessories associated with the product.
TOHATSU do not provide an onsite warranty. It is the supplying dealers responsibility to process any claims made by their customers if another dealer refuses to carry out any repairs under warranty conditions.
All claims must be submitted by an authorised Dealer to TOHATSU MARINE LTD. within 30 days after the date of the failed/repaired product and all faulty parts must be returned within 30 days for inspection, on request.